It may feel like a nice-to-have although if the difference between the top 20% of organisations and others is –they do onboarding and they do it well – would you be interested in their secret sauce recipe?
Here are some facts and figures for you to consider…
- Pre-employment activities at Google reduces time to full productivity by 25%
- 60% of manager who admitted to onboarding failure agreed it was due to not establishing effective working relationships
- 77% of employees who quit could have been retained by employers, according to the 2018 Retention Report by Work Institute
- In relation to job characteristics, 11.2% leave due to poor training and 14.7% due to limited resources that were promised at interview
- In relation to work environment, 34% felt culture-employee fit was not right
- first-year turnover has been the highest in 8 years with 50% leaving in the first 90 days of employment
Have you heard of the SenzaCarta approach to maximising the experience of new employees? This will streamline your onboarding process into a plug and play platform for new staff.
If you are keen to join the top 20% of organisations who are managing staff turnover through effective onboarding, get in touch with Verity Management Consulting and ask for Andre van der Merwe (info @verityconsult.com.au) who would be happy to assist you.
Read our previous blog on Onboarding here